Monday, July 29, 2013

Musing Mondays July 29, 2013

Musing Mondays (http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/) asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
MusingMondays5• Describe one of your reading habits. • 
Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
 • Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
 •Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
 • Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

Today I am want to ramble on something else pertaining to books.
  
 Here is what happened to me Friday.  I visited my local Barnes and Noble just planning to look around.  I did have my IPad with me so I could note any books I might be interested in but had no plans to buy.  So what changed?

Pieces of Sky (Blood Rose, #1)I was in the romance section when I noticed that Jodi Thomas was Barnes and Noble's romance author of the month.  The display included her books and several books that Jodi recommended.  I love Jodi's books and own all of them so those did not present a temptation.  What did temp me was Pieces of the Sky by Kaki Warner, an author I had never seen or read.  I picked it up, found a chair and started reading.  Of course I was hooked and purchased the book.

I wonder how many of you have done the same?

I have finished Pieces of the Sky and really liked the story.  It is a western romance with a great set of characters and a very good plot.  The romance is not rushed but builds as the story moves forward.  it is also the first in a series so now I have two more books to add to my TBR pile.

2 comments:

Sonia Lal said...

I have this same thing too many times to count. LOL


Sonia Lal

Unknown said...

unfortunately we don't have a BN bookstore here but I have experienced the same, trying to look around a bookstore without the intention of buying and then you see that one book that temps you to buy and then you give in to temptation! haha. my mm is up: http://wp.me/p3v5T1-9k