Monday, July 22, 2013

Musing Mondays July 22, 2013

Musing Mondays (http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/) asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
MusingMondays5• Describe one of your reading habits. • 
Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it! 
 • Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
 •Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
 • Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

Pain Free: A Revolutionary Method for Stopping Chronic PainI am using the a book called Pain Free by Pete Egoscue and Roger Gittenes for knee pain.  I used their method almost 20 years ago when I had plantar fasciitis and it worked wonders.   I am much older now and I have done something that is causing knee pain.  The book contains E-cises that are designed to get your body back in alignment and stop the pain.  They worked for my feet and they are working for my knees.  They do take a lot of time as you have to hold certain positions for up to 45 minutes but are much better than surgery or drugs.  Check the book out if you are experiencing any type of chronic pain.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Fortunately I don’t suffer from chronic pain, but my mother does and that book seems really interesting. I’ll check it out.

Here is my muse, if you’d like to check it out: Musing Mondays – Ten reasons why book people are also cat people

caite said...

Cool! Glad it is helping!

Livvvy75 said...

Hope it helps!

Kwizgiver said...

How amazing! I hope you continue to see results.

Unknown said...

I am a runner so I may someday be facing knee pain. I will have to keep this book in mind. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Yvonne said...

Interesting! Hope it helps.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy that it is helping you and thanks for visitng my blog .

Arianne The Bookworm said...

that's a very informative book. I think I need to read it too, I feel a lot of back pains and knee pains lately, maybe due to biking/cycling. I bike in our neighborhood every other day :)

Toni D. said...

Thanks for sharing that one! My mum has back and knee problems too, I think I might get this one for her. And thanks for stopping by my blog :)